Friday, June 8, 2012

On your mark... get set...

The past few weeks have felt like a time of waiting. I have worked a little at the Frosty Trete (if you ever happen to be near Bedford, Iowa in spring/summer/fall, stop by- it is totally worth it!) and did some babysitting.  I have spent time with my family and visited the zoo with some friends. But tomorrow, my waiting is over because Lindsey and I will be travelling to Athens. I keep reminding myself to take deep breaths!

So far, Lindsey and I know that we will be helping out with a refugee family camp the first week we are there. We've been told that we'll work with the children (which is perfect for me!) but it will definitely be a challenge with the language barriers. The refugees speak anything from Farsi to French to Arabic and more! But from what I have read, the family camp gives the refugee families a chance to be a family with a week of stability--no guessing where the next meal will come from or where they will sleep that night. I am excited to start the adventures there!

It's been a blessing to keep up with my SOS teammates through their blogs and our prayer line. If you think of it, please keep them in your prayers! Thank you for wanting to keep up with this blog. Please join Lindsey and I  as we pray for...

- continual spiritual growth
- Greece's economic situation
- the refugees- especially those that Lindsey and I will meet
- The Morleys and their team in Athens
- hearts that are willing to serve in any situation
- travel-- we'll spend over 24 hours in airplanes and airports!

I hope you are enjoying this beautiful summer day. Before I sign off, I have one more request. I want to keep up with people while I am in Greece, so please feel free to send me a Facebook message or e-mail with the latest happenings and prayer requests! 

As Glozelle would say... peace and blessin's, peace and blessin's.


No comments:

Post a Comment